Every new Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander Sport comes with the FUSE Hands-Free Link System. This feature lets you safely make calls and play music from your smartphone while on the go. The system’s voice and steering wheel controls are designed to be easy to use. However, setting it up can sometimes be confusing if you’ve never owned a car with a hands-free system before. Here’s how to get started!
Which Phones Are Compatible With Mitsubishi’s Hands-Free System?
The FUSE hands-free system will work with a wide variety of Bluetooth-capable smartphones. To check whether your phone is compatible, click here. Select your car’s model and year. Then, select your phone carrier and brand.
How To Pair A Phone
Once you check your phone’s compatibility, you can click “Pair a Phone” on the sidebar to get specific instructions for your phone. The details might be slightly different, depending on the phone, but the general steps will be the same. Here’s how to set up Bluetooth in the Mitsubishi Outlander.
- First, make sure your phone has Bluetooth turned on.
- With the car safely in Park, press and release the “Phone” button on the steering wheel. Wait until you hear a beep.
- Say “Pair (a) device”, or “Pair (a) Phone”.
- The system will tell you to start the pairing process and give you a 4-digit PIN. Remember this number.
- Use your phone to search for Bluetooth devices.
- Choose “Hands-Free System”.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN on your phone. The system will respond with “Pairing complete”.
How To Use Your Phone Hands-Free in the Mitsubishi Outlander
Once your phone is paired with the hands-free system, you’ll be able to make and receive calls using voice commands and the buttons on your car’s steering wheel.
To make a call, press the “Voice” button on the steering wheel and wait for the beep. Say “Call” or “Dial”. The system will ask you to speak a contact name or phone number.
To pick up an incoming call, just press the “Pick up” button on the steering wheel.
Let us know if you have any other questions about the features and technology in your new Mitsubishi vehicle. The Little Joe’s Autos team will be happy to help!